Wednesday 18 December 2019

Setting sail SLJ week 1.

For week one of the summer learning journey my first activity it is about pacific nations sailing and about that they are there for weeks,I had to make a list about ten foods that i would pack if i were them so this is my ten foods i would bring.Keep in mind that there are no fridges or microwaves to use if i were sailing.
1. Muesli bars  because you do not need any plug things they are easy and healthy to eat and use which is good if you were away at sea.
2. Chips because they are yum and good to eat.
3. Dried mango because it is healthy and will give you a boost of nutrient intake.
4. Nut mix it is so good and awesome to eat on the go.
5. Biscuits cause they last a long time.
6. Crackers they keep you nice and full and will not be hungry later.
7. Canned fruit it  can last for ages and it is so good.
8. Chocolate it will give you a boost of energy.
9. Cruskits easy snack that you can have i would choose it because it is so yummy.
10. Uncooked Noodles i like that as a snack and it would just be good.
 I hope you enjoyed the list of things that i would like and why.
What would you choose and why ?
Make sure to check out the rest of my  blog for more blog post like this thank you for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Tallulah, this is Kieryn from the Summer Learning Journey.
    Well done for participating in the Summer Learning Journey and creating this blog post about 10 food items you would take with you if you were going on a sea voyage with no refrigerator or freezer!
    You have really thought about your choices when making this list, and included many non-perishable items so ka pai for that!
    Muesli bars, dried mango and nut mixes are great choices because they are full of nutrients, and will give you lots of energy whilst you are sailing at sea.
    When you say uncooked noodles, do you mean raw 2-minute noodles? I enjoy eating those as a snack, and I always get weird looks from my brother for doing so!
    Looking at the ingredients you have selected, what meals would you make while out at sea?
    If I were going on this sea voyage, I would pack peanut butter. I eat peanut butter every morning, and don’t think I could go a day without it! Plus, peanut butter is full of good, healthy fats, has tons of protein, and lasts a while before expiring.
    Well done on doing an excellent job with creating this list!

    Quick Tip- Perhaps you could draw a picture of some of the food items you have chosen and upload it to this blog post. This would add a lovely pop of colour to your post!
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there Kieryn.
      Thank you for this positive feed back,
      Yes i do mean 2 minute noodles !
      I would make a Sandwich cause it is so yummy and will give you lots of energy while you are sailing.
      I love peanut butter too.
      I will one hundred percent put that into my next blog.
      Thank you for commenting on my blog so i can make my blog post more interesting thanks.

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Tallulah,
    Thank you for replying to my comment.
    Sandwiches are one of my favourite things to eat for lunch! I really enjoy sandwiches which are packed full of veggies and have a thick layer of avocado.
    What is your favourite kind of sandwich?
    I am looking forward to seeing the picture you are going to draw about all of the different foods.
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post