Thursday 19 December 2019

About the SPCA

For the summer learning journey my third task was to pick a charity of my choice and i have to explain and write about it so i chose the SPCA.
The SPCA helps animals that are sick,injured,abused or simply abandoned.
There have been 40k animals helped by SPCA centres.
There have been 2.5k schools given given access to our free SPCA education resources.
They have a website were you can donate,adopt or volunteer.
SPCA is a great charity because they save animals and make them have a better home and owner.
The website is https://www.spca.nz/ were you can learn more about what they do.
What charity do you most know about ? explain some things about it.
Please check out my blog for more blog post like this.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Tallulah, this is Kieryn from the Summer Learning Journey.
    Well done on creating this blog post about the SPCA! You have included some outstanding information about the organisation, and the picture you have placed at the bottom of your post really helps show us what the SPCA is all about.
    Sick, injured, and abused animals are helped everyday by the SPCA, and you mentioned that there have been over 40,000 animals helped by them in centres all around New Zealand.
    Have you ever come across a sick or injured animal that needed rescuing? If so, what did you do?
    I adopted my kitten from the SPCA. He was sick when he was born, so they nurtured him back to health and then let me take him home.
    Have you got any pets? Were any of them adopted from the SPCA?
    It would be awesome if you could reply to this comment and let me know!
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kieryn
      thanks so much,
      no i have never seen it happen and would never like to witness that but if i was in that situation i would call the SPCA to take care of the animal that needs to be taken care of.
      I do not have any pets !
      Thank you so much for this positive feed back.
      Thanks-Tallulah

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post