Monday 25 November 2019

Saving our amazing sand dunes


Carousel imageToday room 2 went to the beach and learnt about the amazing sand dunes.
We learnt how to really look after our sand dunes and why they are important, I did not know a lot about sand dunes but now I know a lot.

Sand dunes are to help if there are any tsunamis or stormy waves. The plants that cover most of the sand dunes help them to hold the sand in place.

This is how the sand dunes are made :
First it rains and the rain water goes into the river after that the rocks in the water starts breaking down into little specks of sand. After that the sand goes into the ocean and then onto the beach which when the wind blows on the sand some of sand dunes build up.

Also the little green nets you see at the beach help collect sand so the sand dose not go away.

A story that the teacher told us that there was a couple and they rang up the city council to move and little bit of the sand dunes and so the city council moved some of the sand dunes and while that was happening the sand kept going onto there house an done day there was some much sand that there roof on there house fell but luckily they were not hurt.

That is why we need to look after our sand dunes and not have a lot of people jumping on them etc and respecting the plants that help collect the sand to stay in the place.

We had to do lots of team working activities about the sand dunes in groups of 5.
Do you know about sand dunes ?

What information could you add to this blog post?

Please check out the rest of my blog for more blog post like this !

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post