Friday 20 March 2020

My recount about room ones camp

For the past 2 weeks room 1 have been writing their recounts about camp.
This is my recount about my experience at camp.
Hamner Springs Camp 2020

On the 26th of february room 1 (year 7&8)  headed off to their first camp of the year at Hanmer Springs.

Hot pools fun
When we went to Hanmer Springs we went to the pools,
It was amazing ! As soon as we got to the pools we got into our togs and started running full force to the hydro slides to get into line.i was ecstatic to be going on the hydro slides !There was a whole swarm of bees going near me while I was waiting for the floaty like there were 500 beehive nests near me.
As 2minutes passed two strangers gave me and Jennah a pool floaty to go up to the hydro slides,me and Jennah rushed up the steps because we were excited and also because of the amount of beez on the steps !
A few moments later…..
Me and jennah were waiting for the green like then next minute me  and jennah were flying around the hydro slide weeee i was so excited it was so much fun.


Mountain biking  madness
While we were in Hanmer springs we went mountain biking it was amazing,first off we started the safety check we checked our breaks,tires,handlebars,seats then rode around the camp and got split into groups to go into the forest.We followed our leader and rode into the forest we were zooming and i nearly hit into several trees while we were riding our bikes.Then we stopped at several stops while biking it was amazing and learned a lot of things like to call out when a drop is coming at the end-ish of the mountain biking the instructor took us in the track called snakes and ladders it was amazing there was so much twist and turns like life.

Talent show fun
On one of the last nights of our school camp we did a talent show,first up was Jackson.SO he told everyone that he was going to be chugging his whole water bottle full of water ready,set,go he was chugging his water bottle like no other at the end his face was a bit pale from drinking all that water !
Next up was the tik tokers most of the girls and a few boys were doing dances from a tik tok mix off Miss Holland's phone.
We all were doing the dancers that we knew then what we didn't know we just stood there waiting for the one we knew.
After that Miss Holland did a few jokes that cracked us all up like scrambled eggs lol !


Spectacular spotlight 
One of the nights on camp room 1 played spotlight everyone got into their black clothes and got their torches to start spotlight Miss Holland asked if anyone wanted to be in and a few people put their hands but so everyone ran as fast as they could i hid in the bushes then one minute later Raima yelled out ¨ahhhhh i saw a posoum ¨ so we all screamed and ran out of our hiding spots i have never ran so fast in my life time history ! Soon after, two parents came out and told us that we were being too loud so we went to Miss Holland and Melissa and started to  gaze at the stars and saw spectacular things while we were there.

I really enjoyed camp. It was a fun experience. The thing that I enjoyed the most was mountain biking. It was an awesome thing to try.
The things that we did were fun and I cannot wait for next year's camp.

Have you ever camped before ?
have you been mountain biking before ?
i hope you enjoyed my blog post/recount about my experience about camp.






3 comments:

  1. try ctrl c then ctrl shift v

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tallulah awsome writing about camp the talent show was great your group did a awesome job1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tallulah,
    I really like your camp recount. Going on the hydro slides with you was heaps of fun.
    Just to let you know your writing is off the page.
    From Jennah

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post